As promised in yesterday’s post, I am doing a quick and easy “How To” on the Neon Cap Toes – such a fun, inexpensive way to try out one of the latest trends! If you give this a shot, I would love to see pics!
1. I started with a basic nude pair of matte pumps I already owned that I scooped up at Target. They needed some sprucing up! I taped off the ridge of the bottom sole in the front portion to keep clean lines and avoid a cheap, “Hey, I did this at home!” kind of look.
2. Using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, clean off the entire shoe and wipe off scuffs and smudges. Use grocery sacks to stuff the inside of the shoe to to avoid rogue paint sprays…haha!
3. Tape off your desired cap toe. I used plain old masking tape simply because I didn’t have any painter’s tape.
4. Wrap the rest of the exposed shoe in more grocery sacks.
5. Apply thin, even layers of spray paint (I used THIS spray paint). I would apply one layer and let it sit for a few minutes to dry, then reapply as needed. I used about six or seven good coats.
6. Once dry, use the straight edge of a razor to hold down the paint line while you peel the masking tape off.
7. Et Voila! Not too shabby and a super inexpensive way to don a “new” pair of shoes for very little cash-ola!