Sorry, no OOTD post today – to be honest with you, I’m not feeling super creative and feel like I’m in a bit of a funk. I will spare you the “poor me” sob story and share an article from Fitness Magazine to help you get gorgeous skin and hair. Just toss more of the foods below into your diet. Please note that this is directly from the article, not me.
1. Blueberries – the antioxidants in blueberries protect you from premature aging.
2. Wild Salmon – contains omega-3 fatty acids, which helps keep your skin supple and moisturized!
3. Spinach – this leafy green is loaded with lutein that really does keep your eyes sparkling. Great source of vitamins B, C, E, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium and omega-3 fatty acids.
4. Oysters – great source of zinc, which aids in skin cell renewal and repair. Also keeps your skin, nails and hair healthy. Might be a big enough incentive for me to actually try them?
5. Tomatoes – anti-aging antioxidant lycopene. Anti-aging…enough said.
6. Walnuts – eating walnuts includes benefits of smoother skin, healthy hair, bright eyes and strong bones.
7. Kiwis – loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants which keep skin firm, helps prevent wrinkles and aid in healthy bones and teeth. Can also protect against cancer and heart disease.
8. Dark Chocolate – actually helps skin stay hydrated! Also helps skin stay hydrated and protects from sun damage. Who knew?!?!
9. Yogurt – just one cup of low-fat yogurt has more calcium than a cup of fat-free milk making it great for your posture, nails and teeth!
10. Sweet Potatoes – packed with beta-carotene which helps in the fight against aging. I wonder if my sweet potato fries I just ate for lunch count?!??
I’d say the ONLY one I would personally struggle with is oysters – I’m a texture person, and that one would make me gag before I could get an actual oyster down. Anyone else?