Alright ladies, here it is, the list of 10 things that we should all have in our closet; working mom or stay at home. Here we go:
1. The Little Black Dress - aka LBD. Well, for Mormon women, it obviously can't be TOO little - add a cute oxford underneath or a fun cardi over the top. These are all from Target, at about $39.99 each.
2. A nude colored heel. An absolute must - can be worn with anything! If you've got a floral skirt or dress - nude heel. LBD - nude heel. The possibilities are endless.
Mossimo Virginia Pumps - $29.99
3. A scarf - simply put, they are a lot of fun. You can spruce up your t-shirt and jeans or wear it belted (last picture) with your LBD.
The Limited Lace Print Scarf - $29.90
Gap Metallic Dot Scarf - $29.50
4. A good pair of flats. Let's face it, we're not meant to be running around 24/7 in sky-high heels chasing after children and cooking dinner between meetings and school events.
Odell Ballet Flats - $12.99 (Target)
Charlotte Russe Toe Ring Snakeskin Flat - $22.50
Banana Republic Scotty Essential Flat - $98.00
5. With all of our running around, it's ESSENTIAL to have a watch. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Sure, the cell phone is a good standby, but when you don't want to pack it around, try one of these:
Buckle Bling Bling Watch - $65.00
Armani Exchange Logo Plaque Watch - $110.00
Guess Mixed Watch - $150.00
6. A RED something. Red shirt, skirt, coat, dress, sweater...something. The show stopping, wow 'em color of confidence. Enough said.
Victoria's Secret Camp Shirt - $28.00 (sale)
Charlotte Russe Ruched Sleeve Sweater - $22.00
White House Black Market Red Crepe Skirt - $88.00
Tahari via Macy's Short Sleeve Belted Dress - $128.00
7. A dark blazer - not just for the office anymore. Dress up your outfit to go out with the girls or when you have to run to a meeting.
Gap Classic Blazer in black - $98.00
Gap Lightweight Wool Blazer in navy - $98.00
Both of these can be purchased with a 40% off coupon each Wednesday starting September 8th.
8. A great skirt - the cut may be different for different body types. For me, personally, I love a good pencil skirt. A classic cut that doesn't go out of style.
White House Black Market Ecru Ponte Pencil Skirt - $78.00
Anthropologie Paisley Paths Skirt - $98.00
Macy's Ellen Tracy Skirt - $64.99 (sale)
Macy's Charter Club Houndstooth Skirt - $44.25
9. A dazzling pair of earrings. They can make an otherwise simple outfit into something amazing:
J Crew Autumn Leaf Earrings - $50.00
J Crew Wind Chime Earrings - $39.99
Target Triple Tear Drop Crystal Earrings - $14.99
10. Last, but certainly not least, a pair of IT heels. I'm talking, knock 'em dead, amazing shoes. My IT heels are a pair of bright orange T-Straps from Bebe that I bought almost three years ago. EVERY time I wear them, I get asked about them, where I found them, are they still available and so on. They spice up any outfit. You might try these:
"Lianna" heels from Shoedazzle.com - $44.00
DSW Luxe Button Pump - $79.95
Anthropologie Back Rock Spectators - $79.95
Bakers "Camryn" - $79.95
There you have it - the 10 things you should have in your closet. Let me know your thoughts! Have a happy, safe, holiday weekend.